Did you miss your first roulette lesson? If so, I’ll introduce you to the basics that will help you navigate one of the most popular casino table games out there. There’s nothing quite as exciting as watcihng that ball spin, right?
No casino, online or land-based, is complete without the black-red-and-green Roulette wheel
The game is so popular that even non-gamblers are familiar with it.
Since it is purely a game of chance, it can truly be enjoyed as players do not have to learn and implement sophisticated gaming strategies.
Roulette is a game loaded with betting options, and boisterous, adventure-loving gamblers surround roulette tables.
As the game is entertaining and exciting, players should take extra care to ensure that they do not exceed their bankroll limits.
Some great casinos for roulette
Roulette can be found in every online casino, in electronic versions and as a live casino game.
You can play electronic roulette for free or for real money. Live casino roulette can only be played for real money.
- 📱Mobile app
- 🚀Leaderboard feature
- 🤑 Mouthwatering welcome bonus
- 🤑 Crypto gaming experience
- 📱 Mobile compatible site
- ⚡️Fast deposit and withdrawal options
- 🤑Mouthwatering bonuses
- ✅24/7 live chat support
Note that the deposit + bonus amount is subject to a 35x wagering requirement for any winnings to be withdrawn. Ensure you complete the wagering requirement within the 30-day validity period. Slots contribute 100%, and table games and video poker contribute 10% to the wagering requirement.Bonus Info & Terms
- 📱Top-notch mobile performance
- 🤑Crypto gambling
- 🎁Exciting bonuses
- 🤑 No-deposit bonus
- 🎁 Generous promotions
- ⚡️ Progressive jackpots
- ✅ 24/7 Customer support
- 🎁 Enticing welcome offers
- 🤑 Existing promos and VIP program
- 🤑 Crypto-friendly
- ✅ Licensed and secure
- ⚡️ Instant deposits
The qualifying minimum deposit for these welcome bonuses is capped at $25. It’s important that you redeem the code before you make these deposits for the bonus to be valid. In addition, you must beat the wagering requirement of 25 times before you can withdraw the bonus funds on any deposit.Bonus Info & Terms
- 🚀Innovative games
- 🔥Esports sports betting
- 📱Mobile Friendly
- 🤑 Exciting bonuses
- 📱 Mobile-friendly
- 🚀 Massive game selection
- ✅Crypto Casino
- 🍓300 Free Spins
- ⚡️Fast Cash-outs
Deposit: Does not require a minimum deposit Bonus Match Percentage: 110%, 50%, 75%. Maximum Bonus Value: 1 BTC (and Cryptocurrency equivalent) or 100 EUR (and FIAT equivalent) No Deposit Free Spins: 50 Free Spins Free Spins: 300 Free Spins Free Spins Slot Game: Princess of Sky, Brave Vikings, Book of Pyramids, Cherry Fiesta, Desert Treasure, Lucky Lady Clover, West Town, Lucky Blue, Princess Royal, Hawaii Cocktails Bonus Wagering: 35 x Bonus Free Spins Wagering: 40 x Free Spins Remarks: 250 Free Spins offered as part of the 1st Deposit Bonus will be rewarded in a set of 50 spins for 5 days. Minimum deposit required for the spins is 0.05 BTC (and Cryptocurrency equivalent) or 50 EUR (and FIAT equivalent). Full T&C Apply. begambleaware.org. 18+Bonus Info & Terms
There are two major variants of roulette—American Roulette and European Roulette. While the American Roulette wheel has 38 slots with the numbers 1 – 36 and the single zero and the double zero, the European Roulette wheel has 37 slots with the numbers 1 – 36 along with the single zero.
Owing to the double zero presence, American Roulette has a much higher house edge, which makes it less popular than European Roulette. Online casinos offer a wide range of other roulette variants such as French Roulette and Mini Roulette.
Roulette players are challenged to guess the number, colour of the square, odd/even number, or range of numbers on which the roulette ball will come to rest at the end of one spin of the roulette wheel.
Playing roulette is as simple as placing bets on numbers, range of numbers, odd/even numbers, or black/red squares and then setting the roulette wheel spinning in one direction and the roulette ball spinning in the other. If the ball comes to rest on players’ numbers or range of numbers, players will win their bets.
Roulette players have a wide range of betting options to choose from, and they are classified into Outside Bets and Inside Bets.
Inside bets are Straight Up Bets or bets placed on single numbers, which pay 35 – 1; Split Bets or bets placed on two numbers, which pay 17 – 1; Street Bets or Line Bets, which pay 11 – 1; Corner Bets or Quad Bets, which pay 8 – 1; Basket Bet or bets placed on five numbers, which pay 6 – 1; and Double Street Bet or bets placed on six numbers, which pay 5 – 1.
Outside bets are bets placed on the colours red or black and the numbers odd or even; Dozens Bets or bets placed on 12 numbers such as 1 – 12, 13 – 24, or 25 – 36; and Column Bets or bets placed on vertical rows of 12 numbers.
Here are some great roulette tips for both new and experienced roulette players:
- Always find a European roulette table, preferably a French roulette version, for the best player odds.
- European roulette tables are also known as single-zero roulette tables.
- Avoid American roulette and mini roulette tables as these both have a very high house edge.
- Long term winning roulette systems do not exist. Roulette systems can be fun, though, and they can also help you to stay focused.
- Play the game for entertainment only. It is very easy to lose your entire bankroll on roulette games, especially when playing progressive systems such as the Martingale system for roulette.
- Players should, therefore, stay calm and remember to play within their bankroll limits. If they have lost as much as they can afford to lose, it is time to quit the game.
- If you want to win big (up to 500 x your bet) while betting small stakes, Lightning Roulette is a great option.
- Unlike casino games like blackjack or video poker, where players can improve their odds by using the right strategy, players can’t improve their roulette odds.
- Avoid getting stressed out about winning and focus on having fun alone.
If you want to learn more about roulette systems, we suggest you check out our page about Roulette Strategies.